$1.67 = One Pound of Food!
Food Drive FAQ:
Food Drive Materials:
Top 15 Ideas for Collecting
- Put a food bin from your food bank in your office and collect for the month.
- Ask your business associates, mortgage companies, favorite restaurants, etc. if they will
allow you to put a food bin in their office or place of business.
- Door knock your neighborhood farm area and hand out notices about the food drive
along with the shopping list provided by SCCAR.
- Send postcards to your client base asking for their support of food or cash donations.
- Host a garage sale with the proceeds being donated to the food bank. Or host a drawing
where you a sell tickets for the prize. (some ideas are, flat screen TV, iPad, weekend trip, etc.)
- Partner with your local grocery store and set several dates and times where you can
collect food and money outside their store.
- Have a banner or post sign made for your office that promotes the food drive and your
office is a collection spot.
- At your broker's opens donate 5.00 for all attendees or ask your attendees to donate
towards the food drive.
- Partner with a restaurant that will allow you to invite your clients to dinner and you and
fellow agents can be the waiters, with all tips going towards the food drive.
- Challenge your broker to match the funds raised for the amount that was collected by
the agents during the drive.
- Have a super market dash with your broker and have them pony up on the bill or split
the bill amongst yourself and your fellow brokers/shoppers.
- Hold a car wash with all proceeds going towards the food drive (Les Schwab is happy to
donate the water and hose on a Sunday)
- Keep the money bin provided by SCCAR on your front counter for all your cash
donations by walk-ins and other agents
- Talk with your favorite coffee stand and ask if they would be willing to hold a donation
can on their counter for extra tips going towards the food drive.
- Ask your favorite watering hole to have a drink special for the month of October where
all proceeds go towards the food drive.